Monday, January 10, 2011

To be a new mum

Having a baby is life's greatest achievement. I never thought it would be so wonderful, and like so many before me, ask myself: why did I wait so long? We seem to want it all, an independent life, money, worldly goods, a career etc before we even consider children and so we wait. But for what? They are and will always be the joy of our life and the reason we life. The love you feel for your baby is like no other. I just hope many get to share this feeling.

Of course, it is no picnic in the park. Babies do tend to take over your life and it will never be the same. Sleepless nights, 24-hour standby for feeding and nappy changes and everything else in between. The first few weeks goes by in a blur and then you realize that you need to start taking control and get some sort of life back. Routines can help but you need to find your way as I did mine. Here I hope to share some of that. Whenever I get a minute free that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment